Interventional Radiology refers to minimally invasive procedures performed using image guidance. Some of these procedures are done to diagnose patients and some are done for treatment. These procedures are usually done with needles or other tiny instruments like small tubes called catheters. The images provide road maps that allow the Interventional Radiologist, a specialized physician, to guide these instruments through the body to the areas of interest.
The types of interventional procedures that are performed at Tyrone Regional Health Network include, but are not limited to:
- Biopsies, to include: Thyroid, breast, and liver
- PICC line insertion for long-term IV antibiotics and TPN
- Ultrasound guided thoracentesis and paracentesis
- Percutaneous abscess drainage catheters
- Arthrograms to include joint injections and aspirations
- Highly specialized, board certified diagnostic and interventional radiologists interpret radiology studies performed at Tyrone Regional Health Network.
- We offer easy appointment availability. No long waits for appointments!
- We provide test results to your doctor quickly.
For more information about Interventional Radiology procedures performed at the Tyrone Regional Health Network Radiology Department or to schedule an appointment, please call: (814) 684-6385.