Tyrone Hospital Auxiliary
History of Supportive Community Volunteers
The Tyrone Hospital Auxiliary was established in 1947. The organization consists of community volunteers who conduct a variety of activities to support Tyrone Hospital.
In its early years, it raised funds that supported the actual creation and construction of Tyrone Hospital. Over the years the Auxiliary has supported many hospital projects and purchased a variety of medical and other equipment for the hospital. One of the major projects supported by the Auxiliary is providing financial support for the operation of the Care Car. The Care Car provides Tyrone-area residents with free transportation to Tyrone Hospital and to doctor’s offices in Tyrone that are affiliated with Tyrone Hospital to support access to healthcare services.
Tyrone Hospital’s Continued Key to Caring Support
The Auxiliary conducts fundraisers during several months of the year including craft, bake and soup sales and uniform sales. Auxiliary members adorn the hospital each year during the Christmas holiday season, providing a decorated Christmas tree for the hospital’s main lobby and wreaths for the exterior of the hospital. They also hold an annual holiday tea providing complimentary refreshments for hospital staff and visitors.
Contact the Auxiliary to Join
The Tyrone Hospital Auxiliary welcomes new members. For more information call: 684-1255 ext 2101 or via e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org