The primary care practices that are part of Tyrone Regional Health Network (TRHN), which includes, Tyrone Rural Health Center, Pinecroft Medical Center and Houtzdale Rural Health Center now offer patient appointments using telehealth services. The telehealth services are available to patients as an option and are in addition to the traditional in office appointments offered.
In an effort to protect Tyrone Hospital patients and staff from COVID-19, we are screening ALL visitors and asking that you not enter or visit for the following reasons.
- Fever greater than 100.4
- Coughing, sneezing, shortness of breath or flu like symptoms
- Recent international travel within the last 14 days or to areas experiencing transmission of COVID-19 or contact with someone suspected of or positive for COVID-19
We appreciate your understanding as we ensure the health and wellbeing our patients and staff
Effective immediately the following visitor guidelines will take effect:
- SURGERY: Many surgical patients require a driver. One companion may accompany any patient having an outpatient surgical procedure. The companion will be screened upon entry to the facility.
- EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT: If you are seeking emergency care, one companion may accompany you, if needed, during the visit. The hospital ER may ask you to wait in your vehicle in the hospital parking lot or at an off-site location of your choice if your loved one doesn’t require your presence. In this case we will obtain your companion’s phone number to contact them when your emergency department visit is completed. In the circumstance of a minor, child or senior citizen, the companion may stay.
- OUTPATIENT (Lab/Xray): One companion is permitted, if the patient needs assistance. No companion permitted in the Xray-Lab waiting room
- INPATIENT One visitor is permitted on the Medical/Surgical/ICU
- END OF LIFE CARE: Visitors may be permitted.
TYRONE/DUBOIS, PA – The Boards of Directors of both Tyrone Hospital and Penn Highlands Healthcare have signed a Letter of Intent to negotiate an affiliation agreement between the two entities that would integrate Tyrone Hospital into Penn Highlands Healthcare system.
The primary care practices that are part of Tyrone Regional Health Network (TRHN), which includes, Tyrone Rural Health Center, Pinecroft Medical Center and Houtzdale Rural Health Center want to make their patients aware of some changes that the offices have made to help minimize the spread of COVID-19.
Tyrone Hospital is closely monitoring the ongoing developments related to COVID-19 and has taken steps to prepare.
Let’s Move Blair County Steps Challenge for schools, community groups, workplaces, faith based organizations, and individuals is about to begin! Are you ready to take the next step to help us build a healthy Blair County?
The following organs and tissue can be donated. The list of what can be donated continues to grow.
Tyrone Hospital is the recipient of the Patient Safety Authority (PSA) Executive Director’s Choice Award in the annual I AM Patient Safety contest. The PSA’s annual contest recognizes Pennsylvania healthcare workers exhibiting outstanding dedication to patient safety.
Tyrone Hospital held a Donate Life flag raising event on Feb 14th, National Donor Day, as part of its activities in the annual Donate Life Challenge. Continue reading “Tyrone Hospital Celebrates National Donor Day with Flag Raising”
Bellwood Antis Public Library and Tyrone Regional Health Network/Tyrone Hospital (TRHN) are co-sponsoring the library’s 14th Annual Family Health & Safety Fair.