Let’s Move Blair County Steps Challenge for schools, community groups, workplaces, faith based organizations, and individuals is about to begin! Are you ready to take the next step to help us build a healthy Blair County?
Our goal this year is to reach 100,000,000 steps as a community! Are you up to the challenge?
Sign up using the link below
You will learn how to receive weekly updates to log steps, highlighted snapshots of Blair County that week to visit, motivation tips, and strategies for healthy eating and active lifestyles. Each week, you or your team leader will be asked to report the total number of steps with weekly log-in of activities completed each week.
The challenge runs March 15 through May 16, 2020 . We will acknowledge the top teams and individual with the most steps as leaders in the community that stepped up to the challenge to enhance their optimal state of health and strive for a healthier Blair County. Sign up by Friday, March 13, 2020.
We are excited to announce that Penn State Altoona is looking for volunteers to participate in a research project that aligns with the Steps Challenge. If you would like to sign up to be part of this research or want more information about this please complete the registration form and/or contact Nicole Gilbertson at email@example.com or 814-949-5016.
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/healthyblaircountycoalition/
Check out our website for the Active Living Brochure: http://www.healthyblaircountycoalition.org/lets-move-blair-county/
Don’t forget to share the challenge with your family, friends, or co-workers to spread the word!
Let’s Move Blair County Committee
Let’s Move Blair County, Healthy Blair County Coalition, Blair County Chamber of Commerce, UPMC Altoona, Tyrone Regional Health Network, Conemaugh Nason Medical Center, Blair Regional YMCA, Stiffler McGraw
Frequently Asked Questions For Let’s Move Blair County Steps Challenge
Who fills out the registration form?
● If you are signing up as an individual you follow the steps on the form for individuals.
● If you are signing up as a team, only one person from the team fills out the form. This person will be your “Team Leader”
Can I sign up as an individual and be on a team?
● No. You are either on a team or doing the challenge by yourself. Not both.
Where can I find more information about this challenge?
● Feel free to look at our website http://www.healthyblaircountycoalition.org/ or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How can I track my steps?
● There are many free steps trackers available for phones and any of those will work. Each week we will also provide Activity Conversion Charts so you can track steps for activities that are not walking.
● If you are on a team, we will provide your team leaders with these conversion charts to hand out or post in your workplace.
● For this challenge we are going by the honor system by asking all participants to be honest when reporting their steps for each week.
Who do contact to find out more about being a volunteer for the Penn State research project?
● You may also contact the Penn State faculty member, Nicole Gilbertson, at email@example.com or 814-949-5016