We are pleased to announce that the Tyrone Fitness and Wellness Center will reopen Monday June 8th following the guidelines of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Pennsylvania Department of Health. to comply with the guidelines, we have made some modifications to our procedures.
Over the past few months, the Tyrone Fitness and Wellness Center had to follow Governor Wolf’s shut down order to support efforts to prevent the spread of COVID-19. As Blair County transitions into the green phase of the Governor Wolf’s reopening plan, our facility is permitted to reopen. We recognize the importance of health, wellness, and illness prevention. As we prepare for our reopening on Monday June 8th we want to be transparent and share with our valued Fitness Center members and our community our reopening plan.
- Fitness Center hours are modified. New hours are: Monday-Friday: 6 AM- 6 PM Saturday & Sunday: 8 AM- 12 PM
- If you are ill, please see your primary care provider (PCP) and stay home until you are well and have a PCP’s order to return to the gym.
- Upon entering the gym, all members and staff will have their temperature screened.
- Prior to reopening and on an ongoing basis, we are working diligently to safeguard high-touch areas, equipment, and locker rooms following the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) disinfecting guidelines.
- Staff and gym members are required to self-monitor for signs of illness.
- Staff and gym members are to continue practicing social distancing of 6 feet.
- Markings are on the floor to serve as a guide and reminder of social distancing.
- Staff and gym members are to conduct frequent hand hygiene. Wash with soap & water for 20 seconds or rub hands with hand sanitizer until dry.
- Staff and gym members are advised to disinfect gym equipment prior to and after equipment use.
- Limit total workout time to 1.5 hours.
- All cardio equipment use is limited to ½ hour.
- No shower use is permitted.
- Wearing a mask will be optional.
- Protective barriers are at the reception desk.
- Posters are visible throughout the gym to remind members of steps everyone should take to prevent spread of disease.
Due to the social distancing guidelines, we will be unable to offer any group fitness classes until further notice. Once, the social distancing guidelines are lifted, we will reevaluate when classes may safely resume. We will continue to follow the recommendations of the CDC and PA Department of Health’s recommendations and guidelines for maintaining social distancing and cleanliness. Additionally, any new or additional recommendations issued will be implemented.
We appreciate your support for the Tyrone Fitness and Wellness Center. We will continue to communicate with our valued members who play a pivotal role in our community. Your health and safety is our priority!