In an effort to protect Tyrone Hospital patients and staff from COVID-19, we are screening ALL visitors and asking that you not enter or visit for the following reasons.
- Fever greater than 100.4
- Coughing, sneezing, shortness of breath or flu like symptoms
- Recent international travel within the last 14 days or to areas experiencing transmission of COVID-19 or contact with someone suspected of or positive for COVID-19
We appreciate your understanding as we ensure the health and wellbeing our patients and staff
Effective immediately the following visitor guidelines will take effect:
- SURGERY: Many surgical patients require a driver. One companion may accompany any patient having an outpatient surgical procedure. The companion will be screened upon entry to the facility.
- EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT: If you are seeking emergency care, one companion may accompany you, if needed, during the visit. The hospital ER may ask you to wait in your vehicle in the hospital parking lot or at an off-site location of your choice if your loved one doesn’t require your presence. In this case we will obtain your companion’s phone number to contact them when your emergency department visit is completed. In the circumstance of a minor, child or senior citizen, the companion may stay.
- OUTPATIENT (Lab/Xray): One companion is permitted, if the patient needs assistance. No companion permitted in the Xray-Lab waiting room
- INPATIENT One visitor is permitted on the Medical/Surgical/ICU
- END OF LIFE CARE: Visitors may be permitted.