Due to the widespread incidence of flu, Tyrone Hospital has implemented temporary visitor restrictions to help curb the spread of flu to patients and employees. The visitor restrictions will remain in effect until April 1 or until the incidence of flu subsides.
Visitor guidelines are as follows:
- No visitors under the age of 16 are allowed in the hospital unless they are a patient (exceptions need to be cleared with the charge nurse).
- Any visitors with fever, cough, or diarrhea should stay home.
- Anyone coming into the hospital with flu or cold symptoms will be required to wear a mask.
- Visitors and patients should cover their cough or cough or sneeze into their sleeve.
- Visitors will be required to wear personal protective equipment such as a gown, gloves, and a mask if visiting a patient in isolation.
- Visitors and patients should wash their hands frequently with soap and water or use hand sanitizer.
- Hand hygiene should be done before and after contact with patients.