Volunteer Opportunities at Tyrone Hospital
Members of the community can make a vital contribution to the community as a Tyrone Hospital volunteer.
Hospital volunteers provide needed support to others and help the hospital fulfill its mission to provide care to the community.
Reasons People Volunteer
People give their time in a volunteer capacity for a variety of reasons. Some of the reasons you may want to become a volunteer include the following:
- Help others
- Provide service to the community
- Stay involved following retirement
- Share your skills and experience
- Learn new skills
- Meet new people
- Promote a better community understanding of Tyrone Hospital
- Obtain experience to support a career in healthcare
Who may participate?
Tyrone Hospital’s volunteer program is open to individuals age 16 and older.
Individuals are welcome to submit applications to the volunteer program at any time. Individuals are accepted as volunteers if they meet the volunteer program requirements and if there are volunteer openings available.
High school students are invited to volunteer during the summer months. A limited number of summer volunteer openings are available.
What will you do as a volunteer?
Some of the areas where volunteers may assist include:
- Clerical areas
- Patient care areas
- Reception areas
- Special events
- Special projects
What should I expect if I become a volunteer?
- All volunteers participate in orientation and training.
- Receive annual recognition for service provided.
- Receive a complimentary meal for four or more hours of service in one day.
What are the hospital’s expectations?
- Maintain confidentiality
- Comply with volunteer dress code
- Provide your own transportation
- Be punctual and regular in attendance
- Record your attendance
- Report absences to your supervisor
- Comply with Tyrone Hospital and volunteer program policies and procedures
- Comply with background checks and other clearances as needed
For more information contact:
187 Hospital Drive
Tyrone, Pa 16686
Phone: (814) 684-6348